Further bugs in switches

Further to my {{post id=”opennms-and-bugg-switches” text=”previous post”}} on the topic of uncovering bugs in switches with network monitoring systems, I have two more bits of news:

The first is that the vendor has given me a new firmware for one of the switch models which fixes the bug. Apparently it was a known but undocumented bug. Still waiting on a firmware for the other switches.

The second is that I have found another bug in the switches – this time with HTTPS. It’s not triggering during autodiscovery this time, and the bug takes a bit longer to manifest (2-4 weeks, it seems), so it’s slightly harder to track down. I’ve got to set up a test rig to hammer some of the switches with HTTPS connection attempts and see what shakes loose.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.